Staff Senate shall be a consulting body representing the voice of staff among administration, faculty, and the campus community. Staff Senate will represent Appalachian State University staff at the UNC System Staff Assembly. Staff Senate shall ensure that staff work in a positive, respectful atmosphere with potential for their own professional and personal development.
Why serve on Staff Senate?
- Help shape policies that affect staff
- Represent your fellow staff members
- Find out about important campus initiatives
- Network with other Appalachian staff
- Many opportunities to serve Appalachian!
How to get involved
- Attend a meeting. Staff Senate meetings are open to everyone, not just Senators.
- Participate in a service project.
- Use the anonymous Suggestion Box if you have ideas, questions, or concerns you would like the Staff Senate to consider.
- Contact the Secretary if you are interested in becoming a Senator. We hold division elections for Senators in the Spring and Alternate Senators are often needed for each division.
- Nominate a staff member for a "Shout Out," if you have noticed someone going above and beyond.
- Review the Frequently-Asked Questions for more information about how to become a Senator, how much time it takes, etc.
- Contact an officer. We're always happy to hear from potential Staff Senate members.